Welcome to A Pair of Passports! Here at A Pair of Passports, we value your privacy and are committed to maintaining an open and honest relationship with you. We are delighted that you have chosen to be a part of our journey, and are not interested in selling or renting your information with other companies for marketing purposes.
Under GDPR, you have the right to:
- understand how your data is collected, stored, and used;
- have access to your personal data, including comments, email addresses, name information;
- ask us to change your personal data;
- ask us to delete your personal data;
- ask us to stop sending you emails or newsletters.
A Pair of Passports abides by GDPR regulations when it comes to the storage and use of your personal data. If you wish to have your information updated or removed, including comments on this website, your email address from our mailing list, etc., please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do choose to keep your data with us, please know that we are not in the business of selling or renting your data to any businesses for marketing purposes. We also do not retain secondary copies of your data and, when any information is removed, it will be permanently removed.
What Information Do We Collect?
- User Submitted Information: There are sections of our website where users can manually submit information about themselves. This information is stored and used in the following manner:
- COMMENTS – When you comment on a page or post on A Pair of Passports, the information you provide is stored as part of that comment. We do not store this information anywhere else, and do not use it for anything other than responding to your comment or visiting your website. We will not respond to your comment via email; however, if we do respond to your comment via WordPress, you may receive an email notification.
- CONTACT US FORM – We have a Contact Us form on our website that allows users to reach out to us with any questions, comments, concerns, etc. When you submit a request via the Contact Us form, we will receive the information that you include in that request. This information is not stored anywhere and is only used in order for us to respond directly to you.
- NEWSLETTER SIGN UPS – There are a few places on our website where you can subscribe to our newsletter. The information that you provide in these sections is stored on a third-party website that we use for sending newsletters, called Mailchimp. Please see the ‘Newsletter’ section below for further information.
- User Behavior and Analytics: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device you are using to access our website. The information we collect for Analytics purposes includes IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We also collect details of the way you ‘behave’ on our website, including links clicked, how long you spend on the website, and what page you enter the website on and exit the website from. Please note: your IP Address has been made Anonymous and the behavioral data is only viewed at an aggregate level.
We store Name and Email Address for users who opt into our mailing list. This information is stored on Mailchimp, the platform that we use to send out newsletters. You can update your preferences or unsubscribe at any time by following the links in our newsletter; if you unsubscribe, your information is deleted from Mailchimp and you will no longer receive our newsletter. We do not store a second copy of your Name and Email Address, so unsubscribing from our newsletter will permanently delete your information.
Third Party Use of Personal Information
We will not share your personal information with third parties unless you explicitly authorize us to do so.
Additionally, we may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
A Pair of Passports currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Google Analytics – this service tracks Website usage and provides behavioral information related to visitors to our site. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics. We have anonymized our Google Analytics data and never look at non-aggregated data.
- Shareaholic – You’ll probably notice some numbers above the sharing buttons on my blog posts. This shows how many people have shared that post. It’s to encourage others to share it, and to help me see how many people share each post. When you share a post, the number will go up. That means that your share has been counted. We don’t know if anything is stored, but we are looking into it and will update this as soon as we do!